Thursday, February 7, 2013

My New Yarns

Between Ravelry and Etsy I have managed to expand my horizons regarding yarn, knitting & crocheting projects.  I am learning how to do things that I never in a million years thought I knew how to do.  Just goes to show that it is possible to teach an old dog new tricks.

I recently purchased more yarn from Genevieve Noel who created an Etsy shop called Turtlepurl.   She has the most exquisite yarns available and her color combinations are gorgeous. She is an absolutely wonderful lady to deal with and provides outstanding customer service. I have a couple more yarns to take photos of to add to my stash on Ravelry but the following are pictures are my most recent additions to my stash.  I have the patterns all picked out for the self striping sock yarn - my grand daughters will all be getting shawls and since each yarn is unique they should turn out just as gorgeous as the yarn.  Now I just need to finish my other WIP's so I can get started on the shawls. :-)
The self striping sock yarns are 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon - 450 yards/100 grams.  

Yarn - What did you call me

 

Yarn - Polly wanna cracker



Yarn - Autumn


Yarn - Taste the Rainbow



I also got some yarn that is 70% baby alpaca, 20% silk, 10% cashmere, this is a lace weight 100 grams - 875 yards.  I am still searching for the pattern that tells me to use this yarn as it has to be the softest yarn I have ever purchased. The shades of purple,red etc just seem to flow into one another.



I hope that anyone who is having the cold, snowy, weather that we are here in Northern Ontario can find some great stuff to do while snuggled up at home.  








 

No comments: