Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crochet Projects, Birthday party

Well I have been busy crocheting two baby blankets - one for Christopher Jacob who arrived on Feb 15th and weighed in at 8 pounds 7 oz and was 21 inches long. I only have 3 more rows to go and the blanket is complete. I am using Caron Simply Soft - colors Grape, blue mint, limelight and white. This pattern is available on Ravelry, it was created by Donna Mason-Svara and is called Fox's Bright Lights Round Ripple Blanket 8 points.This pattern is wonderful to crochet and could be done using a myriad of color combinations and stripe options.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/foxs-bright-lights-round-ripple-8-points



I also found another pattern at the Project Linus webpage http://www.projectlinus.org/patterns/  It is called Sideways Shell Baby Afghan (aka Newbie Shell Afghan)  I found this baby yarn when I was trying to sort out and organize my stash and love the way that it is crocheting up for this pattern.  When I get it finished will be sending it to my sister for her grand daughter Hayley.  The yarn is Bernat Candyland called Rainbowbrite - I wish that the yarn was still available as I just love the colors. 



We had a really busy weekend, Hunter is now a teen 13th birthday party instead of a tween :-)  She decided to have a skating and sledding party for her birthday and luckily the weather turned cold again so that the slushy ice on the pond was frozen. We had hot chocolate and marshmallows, chicken noodle soup, hot dogs, chips etc.  We all had a great time and Hunter loved all her gifts.  I did manage to get one picture of her brother Daniel he kept running off and hiding when I tried to take pictures. 









I took some super cute photos of Phoebee our Pug.  She sleeps in the oddest spots as only a Pug can do.  Her favorite spot to curl up is now on top of Norm's left knee - the strange part is she only started doing that after he had his knee surgery and it was completely replaced.






No comments: